Thursday, February 28, 2013

Haruki Murakami's A Wild Sheep Chase

This was my first time reading J-horror. I have watched several movies, but never read. It was interesting to read to say the least. I was expecting much more jump-at-you horror, like the movies. To be completely honest, I wasn't one hundred percent sure what was going on at all times while reading this novel. It was interesting. It followed an unnamed character on a mission to hunt a sheep that showed up in a picture he took. The character leads an average mundane life before that, but on his adventure a lot of eerie things happen to him and his girlfriend, ending up with him contacting a spirit through mirrors.
I'm still on the fence about how I feel about this book. It was a little weird, and confusing but I may reread it one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment