Thursday, February 28, 2013

Ju-on: The Grudge

Ju-on is a Japanese horror movie, that was the basis for the American movie 'The Grudge'. The movie is shot as 6 different stories that all seem to connect together because of a haunting spirit that harasses anybody it comes into contact with.
Something about Japanese horror movies has always really bothered me. I'm not exactly sure why, because honestly they can be kind of cheesy. Ju-on was no exception. Although some parts of the movie were so ridiculous I couldn't help but laugh, parts of it bothered me to the point where I would cover my eyes and ears. Something about a ridged, paper white figure crawling towards you with jet black hair in its face really bothers me.
One thing that I really enjoyed about Ju-on is the way they divided the stories into 6 different ones. It kept it interesting and fresh. Sometimes when I watch movies, I zone out, but Ju-on's changing stories kept me interested. Another interesting thing is that the movie doesn't have a conventional ending. They kind of leave it up to interpretation. Gives you a little room for your own creative ending. Overall, Ju-on was/is a great watch, and I would/will definitely watch it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment